Trak My Safari – User’s Guide
Using Trak My Safari is easy and intuitive – even for adults! However, a little gentle hand-holding is never a bad idea… This guide has been created so that you can get the most out of your experience using the app.
- Once you’ve downloaded the app you will be prompted to set up an account. This entails entering in your first and last names, email address (needed if you forget your password and need to reset it) and a password. After the first time, you can select “Remember Me” to avoid having to type in your password each time.
- You can also login with Facebook so that you can tag friends and post to your Facebook account seamlessly.
- In settings, – top left hand corner- select your preferences for metric or imperial measurements
- You may find you need to tap on the icon locator button to zoom in on your location if your GPS signal is weak.
- Press Start and enter a trip name so that your tracking and adventure can begin!
- Once underway, you can take photos by tapping on the camera icon. You can use the front or back camera (those will be some stellar selfies!) and opt for either portrait or landscape orientation.
- The Waypoints (flag icon to the right of the camera icon) are a great tool for being able to look back and see exactly where you saw one of the Big 5, or where bush breakfast was served (always a treat!), or where you sipped on sundowners at the end of another amazing day.
- If you choose to, you can pause the app (to the left of the camera icon) when stopping for a long period of time of say more than an hour. Just remember to press resume when you’re setting off again if you paused it!
- When you’re ready to finish your trip at the end of your game drive, select pause and choose to finish. You can review your photos at this point (click on the camera icon) and delete any that aren’t up to par, in your opinion.
- You can add friends either from your Facebook list of friends or type in your friends’ names. Tap the icon on the top right hand corner each time you want to add a name. If you didn’t log in with Facebook, you will be prompted to login if you’d like to access your list of friends for tagging purposes.
- After tagging or typing your friends names, you can insert a note about your safari drive and to share your trip to Facebook and / or Twitter if you would like to, as well as emailing the trip map and photos.
- We suggest you log out of the app go to Settings (via the 3 bars on the top left hand corner) and you will see the Log Out icon to the left of Settings.
No data roaming
- The app will function on just GPS so you do not need data or to switch on roaming for the app to work.
- If you want to share your trip to social media or via email at the end of your trip, you will need access to wifi. If that’s not available to you, no worries … just finish your trip and it will be saved as an offline trip. You will be able to sync your offline trips when wifi is available, as well as share and email them by selecting the share icon.
We hope this assists you to get the most out of your safari app and preserve the most amazing memories.